This is the place to find out what new and exciting events are unfolding in the life and times of Je Kemp.

Monday, May 17, 2004

Sorry for the gap in my posts,

The weekend found me fighting the home maintenance/repair battle.
I own an older home in a mostly working class neighborhood itp. I was told the it was built in 1945. Needless to say, many homebuilding techniques have changed since then.

Upon arrival home from work on Friday afternoon, a small leak was discovered in my bathroom. I shut off the water in the house and upon closer inspection of the leak showed a nearly complete degeneration of the stubs to the sink.

This is where the problem started, what to do? I did not have $500-$600 dollars to pay a plumber so it was off to the nearby Lowe's to find the needed parts and replace them. This was easy to say and hard to do.

The whole do-it-yourself trend in America must generate mixed emotions among the professional set. Was I to become a plumber in a day?

The answer was sadly yes.

Now I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

No comments: