This is the place to find out what new and exciting events are unfolding in the life and times of Je Kemp.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I cancelled my fotolog subscription today, it seemed that they are just not on the ball anymore, my page is always slow to load on a t1 line so I can only imagine how bad it is for someone with a slower connection than mine. I have decided to move my online subscription money towards flickr.com as they seem to have more features and bandwidth for the money. On another note, I hate to say it but what is the deal with Brazilians on fotolog?

According to the website, there are 275,392 users in Brazil as oppossed to 51,955 in the United States on
fotolog. I can't decipher their comments to save my life and the pictures they take for the most part are complete garbage. Let them pay $5.00 a month and leave me out of it. Of course, very few Brazilians seem to be supporting the site based on their numbers so I am out. The difference in features for paying users is not that attractive either.

That is my take on the site and I hope to see more people who take decent pictures make the move as well. I guess this is goodbye for now fotolog. It has been fun but it has not been real fun....

No comments: