This is the place to find out what new and exciting events are unfolding in the life and times of Je Kemp.

Friday, October 22, 2004

There is good news today in the realm of my goals in higher education, it looks like my employer, Insert name here, a company within insert name here will be paying half of my tuition and education related expenses. This is perhaps the greatest perk this company has ever given me and I am truly grateful that such a thing exists here.
I am well aware that if it did not get this, I would never be able to go back unless I won the lotto or something. When I first discovered this program, I asked my immediate supervisor about it and he informed me that I was not eligible and my current job did not allow me such opportunities within the company. I am sure glad I went and asked another one of my managers because the information he gave me was simply not true. I have to admit that his response has caused me to distrust him in regards to my corporate well being.

I have wondered on a few separate times in the past when I never heard back from hiring managers or recruiters after I sent my resume out if they had called him to inquire about me.

I sometimes wonder what he would say...

Would he prevent me from leaving my post for better internal opportunities? Is he actively working against my perceived goals? Am I working along side a treacherous wolf in the guise of a mild mannered sheep?

I very well just may be...

No comments: