This is the place to find out what new and exciting events are unfolding in the life and times of Je Kemp.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

An update on my current television free lifestyle, finally managed to clear out overloaded dressers, put required clothes onto hangers, Spent more time cooking and enjoying the food that I am eating. I still feel like I am not missing anything. I believe that these are all good things!

Last night I made sauteed shrimp and grits. The grits turned out to be amazing. I sauteed the peeled and de-veined shrimp with olive oil, garlic, and a little white wine. Then, I prepared some instant grits and added what was left over from the saute pan into the grits, I then added shredded cheese and some salt to taste. I served the Shrimp and grits with a side of fresh steamed asparagus. It turned out really well and only took about ten minutes to slap together.
It seems that I am getting better. Too bad I am not a culinary pro, I could have used the discarded shells to prepare a shrimp bisque...

Maybe next time.


No comments: